In the Zone plant tags make it easier to find native plants at local garden centres.
What you plant matters. Native plants are the gold standard for attracting pollinators, restoring wildlife habitat, and building healthy natural landscapes that are more resilient to climate change.
It can be difficult to tell which plants are truly local and native. That’s why In the Zone has partnered with growers across Southern Quebec to label their native plants, making it easier for you to select plants that benefit the environment. When you see the In the Zone tag, you can be assured that the plant is native and grown from seed collected ethically from Southern Quebec source populations.
The In the Zone tag indicates that the plants are:
- Native to the region
- Sourced from a local, known original wild population
- Grown from seed collected ethically (harvested in a way that does not harm wild populations)
- Genetically diverse (not propagated clones)
- Wild-type plants (not cultivars/nativars)
- Grown without neonicotinoids and glyphosate; other pesticide use is limited